What User Data We Collect
You are not required to submit or provide personal information to obtain access to our website. However, certain parts of the website may require that we collect such data from you for a particular purpose, such as to provide you with information that you request. We only hold your personal information for the purpose of dealing with such enquiries and job applications and will only hold it for as long as is necessary for these purposes and in compliance with relevant data protection laws.
Why We Collect Your Data
We may collect your data for several reasons:
- To better understand your needs.
- To improve our services and products.
- To send you promotional emails containing the information we think you will find interesting.
- To contact you to fill out surveys and participate in other types of market research.
- To customize our website according to your online behaviour and personal preferences.
The law gives you certain rights in respect of the information we hold about you. Below is a highlight of some of those rights. It is not a complete, exhaustive statement of your rights in respect of your personal data:
- You have a right to a copy of the personal data we hold about you, as well as the information about what we do with it, who we share it with and how long we hold it for. We may make a reasonable charge for additional copies of that data in the case of unfounded and excessive requests.
- You have a right to freely transfer your data received from us to any other person.
- You have the right to have the information we hold about you corrected, if it is factually inaccurate. You may contact us for this purpose.
- In some circumstances, you have the right to the deletion of the information that we hold about you.
- You have a right to lodge a complaint about the handling of your personal data with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA).
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
NITDA’s website (https://nitda.gov.ng/) has a wealth of useful information in respect of your rights over your personal data. If you wish to exercise your rights, you may write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding and Securing the Data
Your personal information is treated with strict confidentiality and protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. We maintain appropriate electronic and procedural safeguards with respect to the collection and storage of any data provided.
No personal information is ever sold, rented or transferred to any third parties. We will never convey your personal information to anyone else without your consent, unless we are compelled to do so by law. However, no transmission of data over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, we cannot warrant the total security of any information users transmit to our website.
The data we collect by using cookies is used to customize our website to your needs. After we use the data for statistical analysis, the data is completely removed from our systems.
Please note that cookies don’t allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you. If you want to disable cookies, you can do it by accessing the settings of your internet browser.
Links to Other Websites